The Olive Tree Market – How to Apply
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR APPLICATION INFORMATION BY EMAIL TO:
Thinking of applying to become a stallholder at The Olive Tree Market? We would love to hear from talented contemporary artists, designers, gourmet food producers and street food vendors.
The Olive Tree Market has built a strong reputation as a high quality art & design market. Olive Tree attracts a large and dedicated customer base, who love discovering amazing new artists and designers at our events!
You will be part of a community of stallholders so we expect that community is important to you!
The Olive Tree Market places a strong focus on approving stallholders who have unique, ethically produced, Australian made goods. You must be committed to ensuring that you will pay particular attention to, fantastic styling and stall presentation, when exhibiting at The Olive Tree Market.
Your Application Must Include:
The first step is to email through an application which includes:
- Name, Business Name, Email Address, Mobile Details and full Postal Address.
- A detailed description of your products or business.
- Do you make your own products?
- 5-10 images of your products and images of your stall setup. This allows us to gain a strong understanding of what you create and the visual style of your stalls.
- You social media links including: facebook, instagram and website if applicable.
Please ensure when you apply, that you forward high quality imagery of your work, and that you pay attention to your stalls styling, If you haven’t attended a market yet, then photograph a market stall set-up so we can clearly see what your stall would look like at The Olive Tree Market. Please do not forward an application without this information. Thank-you.
The Olive Tree Market is held from 9am-3pm on the 1st Saturday of the month, in Civic Park Newcastle, and on the 1st & 3rd Saturdays of November and December.
PLEASE NOTE our July market will be held on the 2nd Saturday of July- July 13th.
The Olive Tree Market at Maitland Regional Art Gallery (MRAG).
The Olive Tree Market also hold four Seasonal markets each year at Maitland Regional Art Gallery.
May 11th, July 20th, Sept 21st from 9am-2pm and November 23rd from 3pm-8pm.
Maitland Regional Art Gallery is found at 230 High Street Market.
Art & Design Stall $110
Gourmet Food Stall $110
Hot Food Stalls $150
Public Liability Insurance:
The Olive Tree Market can offer PLI cover for new stallholders. All food stallholders must have PLI Insurance.
Now that you have applied:
The Olive Tree Market receive a large number of applications and approval is based on a competitive application process. We aim to respond to all applicants as soon as possible. If you haven’t heard from us within a two weeks of applying, please call The Olive Tree Market on 0439-649-058, to ensure that we have received your application. Thank-you.
Marquees at The Olive Tree Market
All stallholders must have a marquee with a white canopy on their marquees. This assists in ensuring that The Olive Tree Market has a high quality presentation. If you do not have a white canopy we may be able to assist stallholders for their first market.
Thank-you, Olive Tree.
Applications for The Olive Tree Market Stall Startup!
We are excited to launch this exciting new initiative to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of The Olive Tree Market! For 12 months we will offer one Stall Start-up Package each month. This is a one time opportunity for first time art, design and maker stalls who have not operated as a stallholder at any market. Applications must be under 30.
Your application must include the following:
- Name, email address, contact phone number and full postal address;
- A detailed description of your products/artworks/practice. Also feel free to include your artist statement, if you have one. We will also use this information for media opportunities.
- Tell us why your application should be considered for the Olive Tree Market Young Emerging Artist Stall Startup. This can be short, sharp and sweet!
- Your vision for your stall set up. Make sure to include ideas you have for merchandising and presentation of your work. Better still, create a stall mock-up for us, which will give us a strong idea of what your work would look like at The Olive Tree Market
- 5-10 good quality images of your products/artworks. Please take time to send us well lit, high quality images of your work/ products.
- Any links to social media, including Instagram, Facebook and website if applicable.
Please title your email Stall Start-up Application+ Your Name/ Business Name.
Send your application via email to email@example.com
Please ensure that your written application is no longer than 1-2 pages in total. So get cracking! We can’t wait to see your work!